Monday, June 11, 2012

Why, hello!

I've started this blog, honestly, for slightly selfish purposes. As I begin this sort of whirlwind adventure through and around the globe, I want people to see what I'm doing. I also want to remember what has happened, what I thought, what I think I'll remember, and what seems to be the "defining" moments of this journey I am on.

I hope to be serious, humorous, friendly, relatable, honest, and really be able to share exactly what I'm thinking and feeling about as I explore. That being said, there is only so much I can say. This blog is about me, and while part of what I am doing is teaching young minds in New Zealand, I cannot write directly about that experience (thank you, FERPA).

You may be questioning the title of this blog. If you are, please stop now and go read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. You will be glad you did, I promise.

A general reasoning, however, for those of you who have read this novel. Hazel states that some infinities are larger than others and continues to incorrectly state that there are a larger number of infinite numbers between zero and one than zero and two. While she may be incorrect on the math, what is truly remarkable is the knowledge that our lives are incomprehensibly infinite in different ways. This blog is simply me recording a little bit of my own infinity (whether I'm right or wrong in concept, I don't really care, I like the romanticism of the idea...and I don't really understand math.) In the same way, the tagline, "sometimes it seems the universe wants to be noticed," is an explanation of my reasoning. In some ways, I am noticing the universe. The universe has asked, and I have responded.

1 comment:

  1. AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! it's no wonder we're friends - i've been on a john green book kick lately! i just read the fault in our stars and looking for alaska. man, that guy is just a lovely communicator. :)

    i'm excited to read about your adventure! feel free to play the face game and post pictures, i won't mind!

    ReplyDelete